Introduction to the New WAIS-IV/WMS-IV
Peter C. Entwistle, Ph.D.
Thursday February 5, 2009
Location: Psychological Centers
765 Allens Avenue
Registration 8:00 am
Program: 9:00 am - 12:15 pm
3 CE Credits
In this presentation, we will review the administration of the new Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale -IVth Edition (WAIS-IV). Participants will be introduced to the new test and will learn how this test measures many aspects of adult cognitive function. We will also review data for clinical samples. Participants will learn the administration, scoring and interpretation of the new subtests on the WAIS-IV test and how it differs from earlier versions of the WAIS, and the new scoring software for the test. We will also review the new Wechsler Memory Scales -IVth Edition (WMS-IV).
At the conclusion of this workshop, you will:
* Learn about the administration, scoring and interpretation of the new WAISIV.
* Learn about changes made in the new WMS-IV.
Peter C. Entwistle, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist, and has worked in New England for 30 years. For the past 6 years, he has been an Assessment Consultant for Pearson, formerly known as Harcourt Assessment -- The Psychological Corporation. He is responsible for all states north of Washington D.C., including New York, New Jersey, and New England. Dr. Entwistle has been teaching psychology at the graduate level for 16 years. He also maintains an independent practice, and does independent pediatric neuropsychological evaluations.
Registration Form: To view/print a flyer in PDF format* with full details about this program and a registration form, click here.
765 Allens Avenue
Course Hours: 3 CE Credits
* Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
* The workshop begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 12:15 p.m.
* $49 for RIPA Members
* $75 for non-RIPA members/Professionals (Click here to Join RIPA!)
* $10 for Students
* Fee includes refreshment breaks and parking. Lunch is on your own.
* A discount is provided for an individual who registers for multiple workshops at the same time: $10 discount for registering for 2 workshops; $20 discount for registering for 3 workshops.
* Late registration fee is $20 per workshop (postmarked 7 days prior to workshop).
* A handling fee of $30 per workshop is deducted for cancellation 7days prior to the workshop. No refund will be made thereafter.
* Make checks payable to RIPA CPE Committee. Complete the registration form and send with payment to:
RIPA CPE Committee
1643 Warwick Ave., PMB 103
Warwick, RI 02889
* Please submit any special needs requirements to the RIPA office 7 days prior to the workshop.
* Grievances about the workshop should be addressed to the RIPA CPE Committee in writing.
Continuing Education Credit:
Participants arriving late or departing early will not receive credit or documentation of attendance. No partial credit provided.
For Psychologists: The Continuing Professional Education Committee is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Continuing Professional Education Committee is also approved by the Rhode Island Psychological Association (RIPA) to offer Category I continuing education credits for psychologists. The Continuing Professional Education Committee maintains responsibility for these programs and their contents.
For Social Workers/Mental Health Counselors: Applications for continuing education credits have been mailed to specific regulatory boards.
For other disciplines, and for more information: Please call the RIPA office at (401)736-2900.
* You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to download PDF files; if you don't already have Acrobat Reader, you can get it FREE from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com, or you can access the CE registration form as a printer-friendly web page by clicking here.